MHS Selected ITEEA STEM School of Excellence
We are excited to share with you how our district’s instructional programs are being internationally recognized!
Mahwah School District’s commitment to providing a robust integrative STEAM (Science Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) education program is being recognized by the International Technology and Engineering Education Association’s (ITEEA) STEM Center for Teaching and Learning™.
Mahwah High School was selected as an ITEEA STEM School of Excellence for the 2022-2023 school year.
This annual recognition is awarded to schools for their outstanding commitment to providing a comprehensive integrative STEM education program. Mahwah High School is being honored for exemplifying outstanding leadership in the field of STEM education.
In order to qualify for this award, our program sustained a rigorous application process that was subsequently panel-reviewed and determined to meet the criteria to be cited for our excellence in integrative STEM education.
This award acknowledges the efforts and contributions of teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders in providing a meaningful STEAM education for students. Mahwah’s efforts will be highlighted to help inspire other institutions as to the best practices in STEM education.
Examples of our actions that demonstrated our excellence worthy of acknowledgement included:
- The district’s Career Pathways Program
- Community service outreach for the Mahwah Town Council.
- T3 Innovations and Inventions project-based course requiring students to create orthographic diagrams, 3D CAD software, 3D printers in order to design, build, and assemble a competitive dragster vehicle.
- Mahwah High School Visual/Performing Arts & Integrated Design Festival highlighting student-created art, woodworking, digital media, Calliope Literary Magazine, and students performed live music.
- Guidance Department integration of career and college fair, highlighting a wealth of post-high school opportunities, inclusive of trade schools and traditional colleges.
- TechSpo Conference at which Dr. Dennis M. Fare and Dr. Linda Bovino-Romeo, along with Ruth Davis, Supervisor of Technology Integration, presented, “Opening Doors to Community Experts: Bridging the Gap Between Content and the Real-World.”
Mahwah Township Public Schools will be recognized at the Opening General Session of ITEEA’s 2023 Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Thursday, April 13, 2023.
Join us in celebrating our students, teachers, and administrators as they are awarded this honor and are acknowledged for their commitment to engaging and learning while using all the resources and academic knowledge that our district has to offer!