What should students do if they experience a technical issue?
- 1st: Attempt to troubleshoot on their own-restart the computer, ask a friend for help, alert your teacher, or see the media specialist in the Media Learning Commons.
- 2nd: Complete a 1:1 HS Student Help Desk Form http://www.mahwah.k12.nj.us/121-techsupport
- 3rd: After completing the form, bring the laptop to Media Center room 226C before school from 7:20 am- 7:40 am, or during school until 12:30 p.m.. A loaner will be provided to them during the repair process, however, it will not have touchscreen capabilities.
- 4th: Check their school email on a regular basis until they receive notification that their laptop is ready to be picked up. Repairs may take up to 5 school days, not including weekends and holidays, to complete.
- 5th: Pick up their repaired laptop and return the loaner laptop.
A technician is available in the morning from 7:20 am- 7:40 am, and during school until 12:30 pm for students if they have questions.
Students may email general questions to email@example.com
Fully Remote Students Using Mahwah Laptops (not personal laptops) - Repair/Troubleshooting
Complete a 1:1 HS Student Help Desk Form http://www.mahwah.k12.nj.us/121-techsupport
If you are having any technical difficulties or if you are experiencing difficulties with your device, please contact the Mahwah Technology Department first at firstname.lastname@example.org
For our students: There is also the designated location of the STEAM building Thunderbird Think Tank (T3), that will be available from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. where students can go in order to troubleshoot with a tech person or drop off their device and/or pick up a loaner device. Use Door 3 to the left of the blue cube to gain entrance to the T3 PD room.