Mahwah Public Schools is launching the Mahwah Schools Parent Academy (MSPA) for the 2018-2019 school year. Topics range from curricular workshops, providing parents with an understanding of the academic programs in our schools to student wellness and safety workshops focusing on mental health awareness, online safety and cyber-bullying, vaping and Mindfulness.
We are honored to partner with the Mahwah Municipal Alliance to bring such valuable programs to our Mahwah parent community.
The purpose of the Mahwah Parent Academy is to provide our community with tools, resources, and education to support our students as they navigate the challenges that they face today both academically and socially.
The workshops within each topic will be as follows:
- Math is Not Just a Spectator’s Sport- November 12, 2018 - Mahwah High School @ 6:30 PM (Grade 6-12 parents)
- Reading Workshop 101 for Parents - November 27, 2018 - "What Parents Can Expect and How to Support Their Child.” Joyce Kilmer School @ 6:30PM (Grade K-5 parents)
- K-5 Math- Making Math Count- December 6, 2018 -Joyce Kilmer School @ 6:30PM (Grade K-5 parents)
Student Health and Wellness (Dates to be determined)
- Mental Health Matters- October 2, 2018
- What Every Sports Parents Needs to Know- Febraury 20, 2019
- Vaping- March 2019 (Grade 6-12 parents)
- Mindfulness- May 2019 (All Parents)
Online Safety and Digital Citizenship
- Sgt Tom Rich- Always Connected January 14, 2019 (Grade 6-12 parents)