WORKING PAPERS ARE NOW PROCESSED ELECTRONICALLY VIA EMAIL DURING OFFICE HOURS BETWEEN 8:00 A.M.- 2:00 P.M.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING A300 COMBINED WORKING CERTIFICATION FORM
1. Employment Information (section B) – After you have completed your personal information (section A), bring your certification form to the employer. The employer completes the Employment Information and signs and dates the Promise of Employment. If any of the employment details have been pre-filled and are incorrect, the employer must cross out the incorrect information and enter, initial and date the corrections.
2. Physician’s Certification (section C) – The school district is responsible for performing the physical examination at no cost to you or your parents. A school physical (including a sports physical) performed during freshman year is good for all four years of high school (unless the school district policy specifies more frequent physicals). If your parent/guardian prefers that you be examined by a doctor other than the one employed by the school district, you may do so at your parent/guardian’s expense. A minor is not required to obtain a physical if the parent/guardian objects (in writing) based on their religious beliefs and practices.
3. Proof of Age (section D) – If the school does not have a copy on file, you may be asked to provide a birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate or other identification documentation to the School Issuing Officer.
4. Parent/Guardian Authorization (section A) – Your parent/guardian must indicate his/her authorization of your employment as specified in the Employment Information by signing and dating the Parent/Guardian authorization.
5. School Record/Issuing Officer Certification (sections E & F) - Bring the completed certification form to your school district. A designated school official will review the form and issue the working papers only after being satisfied that the working conditions and hours will not interfere with your education or damage your health. The official may refuse to issue working papers if such refusal would be in your best interest.
6. Scan your completed certification form and birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate or other identification documentation using a scanner or a free smart phone app such as CamScanner (Apple or Android) and email it to Mrs. Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Upon receipt, we will certify and email you back your working papers to present to your employer.