Parents who drive students to school are asked to drop their children off at the designated area only. All students are to be dropped off under the 5th grade over-hang. Any student attending an early morning rehearsal or tutoring session should be dropped off by the music room. Please do not drop students off at the front door using the handicap or visitor parking spots. No student should arrive earlier than 8:30 a.m. unless they have early rehearsal or tutoring, as supervision begins at that time. Upon entering the school,fourth grade students are to report to the new gymnasium and fifth grade students should report to the old gymnasium.
All bus students report to the new gym or all purpose room and are dismissed when their buses arrive. In the afternoon, parents and guardians should park on the front playground and wait in their cars for students to be dismissed. Only when walkers have left the building and are in their appropriate cars, will parents and guardians be allowed to leave the playground area. Please do not park in the fire zone, handicap, visitor spots, teachers’ parking lot, or Center for Food Action parking lot. In addition, according to New Jersey state law, idling is not allowed for longer than three minutes.
In order to maintain a safe environment at dismissal for our students and to ensure a safe and smooth operation, it is Imperative that the following procedures are followed:
- Drive slowly when entering the front playground area.
- Leave a space between each car.
- Fill each row -- going from LEFT to RIGHT in the order you enter.
- Turn off your car engine.
- Do not move your car until all students have cleared the lanes and the teacher on duty gives the ok.
- Please do not exit through the entrance route!
- Parking perpendicular to the cars is a safety hazard for the children exiting the building. Please wait outside the lot until there is a space available for you to enter onto a line.
- Do not park in any numbered spot in the BOE or Food Action Center parking lot.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our children safe!
A note from a parent or guardian must be submitted to the homeroom teacher if a child is either walking to their destination or going home with another child/parent.
EMERGENCY CONTIGENCY PLAN
Please take time to develop a contingency plan with your child in case no one happens to be home when he or she arrives home after school.