Emergency School Closings
|Schools||Regular Opening/Closing Time||Delayed Opening/Closing Time||Single Session|
|Mahwah High School Band/Choir/Orchestra Period||6:54 - 7:34||6:54 - 7:34|
|Mahwah High School||7:40 - 2:17||9:40 - 2:17||7:40 - 12:22|
|Mahwah High School Academic/Extra Help Period No. 10||2:20 - 2:37||2:20 - 2:37|
|Ramapo Ridge Middle School||8:00 - 2:40||10:00 - 2:40||8:00 - 12:50|
|Joyce Kilmer School||8:52 - 3:22||10:52 - 3:22||8:52 - 1:22|
|Betsy Ross School||8:42 - 3:12||10:42 - 3:12||8:42 - 1:20|
|Lenape Meadows School||8:50 - 3:20||10:50 - 3:20||8:50 - 1:28|
|LM Title 1 Preschool a.m.||9:00 - 11:30||10:50 - 12:15||9:00 - 10:50|
|LM Title 1 Preschool p.m.||12:50 - 3:20||1:55 - 3:20||11:38 - 1:28|
|LM Pre-K Handicapped a.m.||9:00 - 11:30||10:50 - 12:35||9:00 - 10:50|
|LM Pre-K Handicapped p.m.||12:50 - 3:20||1:55 - 3:20||11:38 - 1:28|
|George Washington School||8:42 - 3:12||10:42 - 3:12||8:42 - 1:20|
School Closing/Delayed Opening Information
When weather conditions prevent us from opening schools at the regular time, the following procedure will be put into effect:
1. Announcement of our schools’ closing, two-hour delayed opening, or early dismissal will be made through the One Call Now automated calling
system and posted on our website: www.mahwah.k12.nj.us. It will also appear on NBC Channel 4 News. See schedule above for school times.
2. In the event you missed the One Call Now message or it was not delivered properly, you can call 1-877-698-3261 to retrieve the message.
3. Residents may also call the schools for a prerecorded message.
4. On a delayed opening day, bused students should report to their assigned stop two hours later than usual except morning preschoolers, report one
hour and fifty minutes later and afternoon preschoolers should report approximately one hour and five minutes later.
5. Zero period at Mahwah High School is canceled on delayed opening days. Also, the late bus at Mahwah High School is canceled on a high school
single session day.
6. On a delayed opening day, all schools will serve a cafeteria lunch. (Menu may change on such days.)
7. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE LOCAL POLICE.