Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Mahwah Township Public Schools

Logo Title

Substitute Certificate

To apply for a substitute certificate, initial or renewal, educators, effective June 1, 2022, must create an account in NJEdCert, Districts are no longer able to assist in the process. Educators should log in to the NJ Department of Education Certification and Induction website:

and follow the directions provided on each screen to complete the application. Once you submit the fee, you will be able to upload your fingerprint clearance directly to your account, click here to apply to be fingerprinted as per NJDOE guide lines.Your official college transcript is still required, and once requested by you, must be submitted by the college via email to .