Mahwah High School Late Bus Service
In addition to providing transportation to and from school each day, Mahwah High School also provides limited transportation for those students who remain after school for tutorial instruction and/or school-sponsored extra and/or co-curricular programs.
The criteria for establishing activity bus routes shall be adequacy, safety, and economy as defined in Board Policy and regulations. The point of departure for activity buses is the front of Mahwah High School. Scheduled leave time is 4 pm. Buses may be delayed due to traffic/roadway conditions. Transportation is provided during the normal school year (Monday-Friday) and single session days. The late bus will not run on days where school is dismissed due to inclement weather.
Process for Activity Bus/Late Bus:
To ride on the activity bus, a student must follow the procedure outlined below:
- Be in possession of current Mahwah High School ID card.
- Secure a pass designated for the late bus from the teacher/advisor with whom you stayed.
- Present student ID and surrender bus pass to the bus driver.
- Students should inform the driver where they are getting off the bus before the bus leaves.
The route taken by the Late Bus is dependent on the make-up of the students on-board. The following is a sample of the areas served:
- Ridge Road Condos
- Cragmere section
- Airmont Avenue/Paddington Square
- Franklin Heights
- Island Road/Church Street
- Stag Hill Road
- Rio Vista Development
- Fardale section
The late bus will leave from Mahwah High School at 4:00 PM.