Is a child in your life developing differently or having problems learning? Help is available!
Special Education Programs:
- Are for identified students ages 3 to 21
- Help meet student’s individual needs
- Are available right here in the student’s schools
Worried your child may have a disability?
If you can answer yes to several of the following questions, your child may have a disability that is affecting his or her learning:
- Is your child struggling to learn new concepts taught in school?
- Is your child failing one or more academic subjects despite his or her best efforts and your support?
- Does your child avoid tasks that appear too challenging or give up without trying?
- Does your child often misread social cues or otherwise lack social skills?
- Does your child avoid fine motor tasks, writing, art class?
If you answered yes to several of these questions, you may speak with your child’s teacher or principal. You can also submit a request for an evaluation to the Department of Special Services
- After receiving your written request, the Child Study Team has twenty days to have a meeting with you, the parents or guardians.
- At this meeting, you and the team will decide if an evaluation is needed. If an evaluation is warranted then you will discuss which evaluations are necessary.