Overview-Spanish Honor Society
The purpose of the Spanish Honor Societies is to recognize high achievement in Spanish studies at the secondary level.
- 90% in Honors Spanish/ 93% in CP
- 90% overall GPA
- Current enrollment in a Spanish Course
- Student applies during Junior year
As a member of the Society, you must:
- attend all meetings - There will be one meeting per month for regular members and two meetings per month for officers. Most meetings will be held on the first Friday of every month.
- tutor other students
- be active and present at all events including the induction ceremony
- show academic integrity and character as noted by no recorded incidents of cheating, plagiarism, misconduct, insubordination or intentional dishonesty.
- If students have questions about membership, they should see Senora Londono or Senora Frankel.
- Your application will be reviewed by MHS faculty
- New members will be invited to a formal initiation ceremony. Family members are invited to attend.
To retain Spanish National Honor Society membership, one must maintain the aforementioned requirments. Any member that falls below the requirements (i.e. academic standards and / or misses a second meeting or tutoring session) shall be promptly informed in writing by mail. If the student fails to improve upon the conditions of the letter, it will be understood that the student has resigned from the Spanish National Honor Society and will no longer be considered a member. In this case, a student will receive a formal letter of resignation and will be required to return the certificate and pin received at the induction ceremony.
Members - First Friday of every month during unit lunch
Officers - First Thursday of every month during unit lunch
Members - Auditorium
Officers - Room 116