Overview-Science Honor Society
The oganization of the Science National Honor Society is one of volunteers who are teachers, scientists, and business people. These people are dedicated to creating a new cadre of scientific young people who will help to run tomorrow's high tech world.
Science NHS Objectives:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in coummunity service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind.
Membership for a student in the SNHS is conferred in the last two years of secondary school education. A student must have and maintain a 3.0/4.0 (80%) grade point average to be a member. In addition, the following qualifications must be met and maintained:
- A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year. A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year. If second year honors or upper level science courses are not offered by the school, then the student must be enrolled in a second first year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A member must maintain a 88% average across all science courses.
- All members must attend on local chapter officer's lecture annually.
After school as announced