Overview-French Honor Society
The purpose of the French National Honor Societies is to recognize high achievement in French courses at the secondary level.
- GPA (90% in French and 85% overall)
- Current enrollment in a level 3, 4, or 5 French course
As a member of the Society, you must:
- attend all meetings - There will be one meeting per month for regular members and two meetings per month for officers. General meetings will be held on the first Friday of every month.
- be an active participant in all events and fundraisers
- must attend induction ceremony each year
- show academic integrity and character as noted by no recorded incidents of cheating, plagiarism, misconduct, insubordination or intentional dishonesty.
- If students have questions about membership, they should see their French teacher
- Your application will be reviewed by MHS faculty
- New members will be invited to a formal intiation ceremony. Family members are invited to attend
To retain National French Honor Society Membership, one must maintain the standards required for membership. Any member that falls below the academic standards, which were the basis for selection, shall be promptly informed in writing. A letter will be sent home as a notification to parents that the student is on probation and if the student does not meet the conditions of the probation, that student will be asked to resign from the Honor Society.
Members - First Friday of every month during unit lunch
Officers - First Thursday of every month during unit lunch