Connect with us on social media @MahwahHS
We communicate and showcase “Thunderbird Happenings” at Mahwah High School with the community using social media. Twitter is a free social networking site that enables its users to send and read messages known as “tweets.” Tweets are text-based posts, 140 characters or less in length, displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers. Followers may choose to read tweets on the Twitter site itself or have them delivered to their phones and other wireless devices via text message.
Our building and our classrooms are sharing their work with our community through their respective Twitter accounts. While the district uses a variety of social media platforms to communicate with our families, Twitter is a centralized location where a bulk of our in-district happenings are showcased to the outside community.
@MahwahHS is used to disseminate useful information about MHS (i.e. accolades, reminders, dates of school events, etc.) and other valuable resources instantaneously. The best part is, once you have signed up to “Follow” the updates, you will receive these messages instantly to your Twitter page, as well as your cellular telephone (standard text rates apply) if you elect to receive messages on your cellular telephone.
How do I create Twitter account?
Signing up is easy. Go to www.twitter.com, create a user profile, and once you are registered perform a search for the school username (Mahwah HS). Then click on my profile and select “Follow.”
- Go to the App Store on your phone to download the Twitter application to create an account or
- Go to http://twitter.com and find the sign-up box or go directly to https://twitter.com/signup.
- Enter your full name, email address, and a password.
- Click Sign up for Twitter.
- On the next page, you can select a username (usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter) — type your own or choose one of the suggested. Twitter will tell you if the username you want is available.
- Double-check your name, email address, password, and username.
- Click “Create My Account.” You may be asked to complete a Captcha (security code) to let us know that you're human.
- Twitter will send a confirmation email to the email address you entered. Click the link in that email to confirm your email address and account.
How do I follow Mahwah High School?
Type our school name or Twitter handle into the search box at the top of your Twitter Home timeline. Our direct Twitter handle is: @MahwahHS http://twitter.com/@MahwahHS
I do not want to create a Twitter account, but would like to review tweets related to our school district. How can I do this?
If you do not wish to sign up for a Twitter account you can still view the profile and any updates by going to the site listed above by either book marking it or adding it to your favorite places list. Tweets can also be viewed at the bottom of the high school homepage at https://www.mahwah.k12.nj.us/hs
In addition, the high school has the following social media accounts:
How do I follow Mahwah High School on Instagram?
How do I “like” the Mahwah High School Facebook account?
How do I follow the Mahwah High School LinkedIn account